Monday, July 23, 2018

Happy Place. Paonia, Colorado

Paonia, Colorado. I f*cking love it here!

I want to stay camping. The people, the weather - it is dry, we are under shade from the most gorgeous trees, I love being in the tent at night, I love my neighbors. We had incredible music last night, cool weather, and did actually sleep. Did I mention I was in a tent outside!
This was the ride today...I'm coming around that corner.

Can you see me?

There I am! Love this picture!

I’ve been on the road since Independence Day, July 4th…17 awesome days on the road. And now I've turned a corner. I am officially in road trip mode. I have no idea where I’m going tomorrow - I’m in no rush and I’m ok with this. I like the Paonia area and not so sure I want to leave. Is it Tuesday or Sunday…does it matter? 

I met Lubbock, Tx this morning - we had a good chat over coffee and motorcycles. Asked him about a certain ride today and later on - he made sure to connect me with some other riders going in the same direction. There were 5 of us this morning. Great guys - all of them. Bobby, from NJ who moved to Denver 10 years ago, we split off from the others after we reached the Blue Mesa Dam. The others wanted to head into Black Canyon - Gunnison and I was ready to meander back to the Park in Paonia. 

Random shot from the ride today.



Fabulousness!

Gorgeousness!

Notice happy smile.


Stopped off at Delicious Orchards - organic peach /cherry / apple farm. They offer camping too. Stopped to check out the scene…possibility for tomorrow. 

After I arrived “home” at the park, a shower was def in order. Tried to find outlets to charge the electronics - but they were all taken. I don’t have cell service in the park, but there is free wifi in the main kitchen area about 5 min walk. My tent neighbors were enjoying some crisp white wine and offered me some. I took them up on some ice and poured a nice bourbon. Today was one of the most beautiful days in my life. Followed by one of the most incredible evenings of my life.
Neighbor Carol from Washington State.

Damon...liked him a lot.


Having fun. 



I declared last night that I would like to have my 50th birthday party in Paonia, Colorado at the BMW Colorado Rally in 2019. You need to bring a tent, sleeping pad, sleeping bag and a smile. You are officially invited to celebrate and help in giving back to the town of Paonia. Let me know if I should add your name to the invite list. More info to come as we get closer. Save the date:  July 2019 - Paonia, Colorado - Rachel's 50th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment