Thursday, July 26, 2018

Best Laid Plans

 Got up at 5:45am to get to breakfast at 6 to leave by 7am. Turns out - you couldn't see a thing - the fog was so thick (see below). No early start today. That's the way it goes.


Back in Des Moines...fog so thick delayed take off a few hours.

On my way to the next location - the main road was closed - a tractor trailer fell sideways across the mountain pass. They detoured us through a back road...5 miles of dirt/rocks - fortunately pretty compact. Definite raise of the heart rate driving on a dirt road but why not? The road closure could take another 3 hours. 

I'm in Cimarron Valley as I write this. At a really adorable 1 room cabin called Aspen on a RV camping ground just off the main road (Route 50). Cars / trucks going by. A view of hundreds of acres in front of me, cows grazing in the distance, surrounded by beautiful and colorful mountains.

It seems I am close to Paonia....again (big smile).






On a walk at sunset in Telluride.

My current spot at the RV campground with cabins. Tried something different with the pics...added as the full original picture taken. There is so much depth and breadth to the landscape. Huge mountains in the distance, large open fields in the forefront. I must be looking at thousands of acres. Typing and drinking my coffee this AM. I am just not ready for reentry.







No comments:

Post a Comment