Saturday, June 30, 2018

Getting ready - Colorado 2018




Shining and Cleaning


There is a lot to do when getting ready for a motorcycle trip.  For me, a must is to clean my motorcycle. Nothing like getting on a clean bike. Shiny and ready to roll. Also allows for some really important bonding time. Sounds funny - but I'll be spending a lot of time with this bike and I want to get reacquainted...with every nook and cranny.



Cleaning and Shining


















How to Set Up Your Tent
I had to add this picture...I don't tent much. I dream about it a lot though. I bought this tent 3 years ago - set it up in my living room. Then was sidelined for awhile. Finally had the chance to use it on the last trip to Maine. The thing is - when I took it out of the bag - I had no idea what to do next. There I was (at my tent site)- fortunately with some cell reception looking at YouTube videos. It certainly struck me as funny. Thankfully it was not raining. It took a long time to set up. Note to self,  must be a better way to set up a tent. 

This trip - found some more YouTube videos and practiced setting it up - then I found these instructions actually in the tent. Ha! Good to know they are there. There are some great videos on how to set up a tent in the rain. I'll keep you posted. 



These next 2 pictures show the guy lines. While in Maine, found myself cutting these for other purposes. Ooops. For those that want to know, these are very helpful to secure your tent in major wind. We are ready to go.

How am I going to fit everything on the bike?

Less stuff (clothes) and really cutting back to only what's needed. It takes a lot of mental energy to figure this out. Will create a list for next time. More to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment