Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mountains, Interstates, Rain, Tolls (like going thru for the first time), Sun, Friends, GPS, and the best and coldest beer ever

This morning when I got on the motorcycle, I was stiff, nervous, and anxious about the ride.  Mostly about the rain and how would I do?  Would the cases be watertight, would the gear hold, and would I make it to Hazleton, PA?  It seems all the above would be a YES.  And finally at 5pm, we pulled into the Hotel and there was Rich, waiting for the rest of the Road Trip party to arrive.  We hugged, smiled, and talked about the trip each of us just took to make it to this point.  Fortunately, there was a Damon's restaurant just in front of us and the Hotel.  We didn't check in, just walked right to Damon's and made it in time for happy hour and Third Shift Beer.  Delicious and cold.  And I learned something today, my motorcycle has a 6th gear.  There is more possible than we ever imagined.  





No comments:

Post a Comment